St Columba's Church Gallowgate Street, Largs, North Ayrshire, KA30 8LZ
Property Summary
The original church building dates back to the mid 1800's and comprises a classical former church with three stage square tower with faceted spire clock on each and face at the baes of the spire. The main entrance is to the west gable ad taken via a central gabled doorway.
The property is of red sandstone construction surmounted by a complex series of timber pitched and slated roof sections comprising single storey mezzanine level accommodation with ground floor and gallery levelled windows to the north and south elevations.
The hall to the rear of the church can be accessed via a flight of stone steps externally and can also be accessed internally.
Full Details
The entire property holding includes a church, church hall and some ancillary ground to the immediate north of the church building set extending in total to approximately 0.18 Hectares (0.45 Acres) originally designed by Henry Steele and Andrew Balfour Architects.
The original church building dates back to the mid 1800's and comprises a classical former church with three stage square tower with faceted spire clock on each and face at the baes of the spire. The main entrance is to the west gable ad taken via a central gabled doorway.
The property is of red sandstone construction surmounted by a complex series of timber pitched and slated roof sections comprising single storey mezzanine level accommodation with ground floor and gallery levelled windows to the north and south elevations.
The hall to the rear of the church can be accessed via a flight of stone steps externally and can also be accessed internally.
Location
The subjects are set within the town of Largs, a popular residential settlement in North Ayrshire and an established tourist destination set on the A78 around 45 miles southwest of Glasgow and 30 miles north of Ayr, the town also has the benefit of a mainline railway station with hourly services running to Glasgow.
Largs has a resident population of around 11,250 and is the main ferry port for the Isle of Cumbrae which lies a short distance to the west in the Firth of Clyde. There are a reasonable range of services and facilities locally including a wide mix of retailers including many national multiples on Main Street.
The subject property is located on the east side of Gallowgate Street south of its junction with Nelson Street and just off the A78 leading towards Greenock Road and north of its junction with Gallowgate Lane.
































